• 1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape).
• 17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape...
• 9 of every 10 rape victims were female.
12 Characteristics of Date/Acquaintance Rapists
Although there is no one profile of a typical date or acquaintance rapist. Below provides a list that may identify behavioral characteristics that tend to be exhibited. Keep in mind that you may not consider dating at all. However, in the mind of a rapist may be different.
1. Characteristics of a rapist may display hostility, anger, or aggression, either verbally or physically.
This behavior may not be toward the victim yet towards others. Also, the perpetrator may show negative references to women, vulgarity, curtness toward others, and the like. Women are often viewed as adversaries.
2. Characteristics of a rapist may display a short temper; slaps and twists or pinch arms.
3. Characteristics of a rapist may display acts excessively jealous or possessive. Also does not want you to be associated with others and complains when you talk to others, especially boys.
4. Characteristics of a rapist may display disrespects or ignores your space boundaries... Just to name a few and more!
Learn more... Check out session 11 "Profile of a Rapist" in the Let's Talk About Boyz Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Series for Girls at www.etiforyou.com.