Dating violence can have serious short- and long-term effects and consequences. While the immediate impact might be emotional and physical pain along with humiliation, victims of teen dating violence are more likely to;
• Lose confidence in oneself.
• Displays low self-esteem & positive self-image...
• Abandon dreams and goals.
• Become afraid to express feelings of anger.
• Feel isolation from family and friends.
• Begin having problems at school, and other activities.
• Feel shame and guilt.
• Suffer severe injury, even death.
• Become depressed, anxious, fearful, or suicidal.
• Feel lonely
• Build up large doctor or lawyer expenses.
• Begin to doubt their decision-making ability.
Learn more... Check out session 6 "Consequences of Domestic Violence and Teens" in the Let's Talk About Boyz Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Series for Girls at www.etiforyou.com.